Tuesday, January 16, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #54) – Day #244

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 16 January 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 January 2024)

[T2, W:03 – WD:10, (Td:5)*].

** Form 4 paper

Dear Diary,

    I had to go back to the toilet this morning. That was how I got to school so late. Even when walking into the compound from the side of the street, there was no sign of Miss Roberts. I saw Jess chatting with Mrs. Santana in the corridor outside of the staff room. They were chatting about the Form 1 and 2 projects for Carnival.

    I met the Form 4s alone until Jess came to do the topic expressive features and explained it to the children. She used the Royal Castle advertisement as an example. The children had to listen to the song and give answers as to instrumentation, genre, and types of voices.

    We both went to 1M right after that long talk. Jess thought that we had a free period, but we had to walk to 1M right after meeting the staff room door. The children in 1M were very unsettled, and they began brainstorming and creating their verse and chorus like the other classes. It was a short period that was lost, so we had to cramp everything together, both sessions in that one double period.

    I left early to go and get breakfast and went to work on my book in the library at the start of recess. All of the teachers were coming out of the library as if they had had a staff meeting. I did not know about a staff meeting. Unfortunately, OJTs are not allowed in the staff chat. Miss Santana had then settled her class in the library. She told me that she permitted me to stay, but she offered me a seat at the back so the others in the back could move to the front.

    We both spoke about what happened in the class, along with some other topics that the children had to do for their projects during the 7th period and 8th period of school. She sat by her desk in the block C staff room, and I sat on the single couch chair right next to it. We both spoke about the classwork for the Form 6s during that same period.

    I went to pack my bags quickly when she left to get her car to the other side of the compound. Others were working on the chant today and not the marching. They decided to put the marching off until next week so that more work on the chant could be finished and a better chance of completing the composition. Susan was not with us for another day.

Link(s):

  • Copy of English A Paper (Form 4). [Permission not Granted…]

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:25 am – 4:25 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment