Friday, January 12, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #53) – Day #242

 Date for Entry: (Friday 12 January 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 January 2024)

[T2, W:02 – WD:-8, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to Valsayn with one student. We had a nice driver. I gave “Kimmy” the chocolates and she seemed to like it. There was a nice chat with Mrs. Ramkissoon soon and I got signed in for the day and then I had a pie. I was not sure if there were going to be lower school classes for the first period this morning because of religious instruction.

    I met “Jess” in the staff room to wait. We got to 1M late because of a discussion on the Carnival show. Mrs. Santana pulled out and then she said it would not be best for the show to be extended as an extended assembly. The same was done for 1F introducing Soka and Gospel Soca. Then we had a short VAPA meeting again this morning.

    I sat with Mrs. Santana and Mrs Rivas while they were discussing during a free period. We had a good laugh while discussing some of the business for sports day. Then I went back to the office to sort out the exemption letters for the Form 1 students.

    Lunchtime came very quickly and left the same way. I was not sure what I did for the Carnival show between Miss Kittens and Jess. I went to 1L late. It looked like Jess did the Soca writing quickly and was working with the different groups. Many of them were struggling to work on their lyrics. I worked with two boys who asked me if I could go back to the office for my Bible. I sat with them and taught for a while to come up with a topic each term for them to work on. “Twinklers” was able to write out a whole verse and chorus. He gave us his Twinkler signature laugh.

    School eventually finished and I went back to the staff room to eat lunch after school. There was a turnback when we had forgotten something in the staffroom. “Maria” had to drive back to UTT through the backroad and wait for some of the guards to come open up.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:38 am – 4:49 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment