Thursday, January 11, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #53) – Day #242

Date for Entry: (Thursday 11 January 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 January 2024)

[T2, W:02 – WD:08, (Td:2)*].

**Picture of Marchers form

Dear Diary,

    It was very difficult for me to wake up this morning. I got to school on time. There was talking from a boy in 3M. He walked in with me. I told him that I had finished notating the full melody for Black Rain. I met Ms. Dana in the office and she thanked me for the gift and Ms. Mustafa did the same when she entered the office.

    Sometime after “Jan” came in and she said, “Daryl? So, ah see deh put yuh in the yellow house, boy.” I was instantly shocked and disappointed. The hope of mine was to be in the Blue House. Some time after I saw Miss Gitten and told her what had happened. She said that she knew. Ms. Harris somehow got angry when I commented, not the yellow house, the yellow house that always loses. She said. “Nah, sir. The Yellow House does win plenty. Yuh mustn’t be so negative.”

    After assembly, I gave Ms. Ramsing and Dr. Jogi individually at different times their gifts too. They were both signing to go down to Block K. I waited for Jess outside the 1F classroom to go to 2M. As soon as we got into the class, I handed out the attendance register. It was the second period at that time. I called Ms. Gittens immediately to confirm the VAPA meeting and Jess had allowed me to go to the art room. We got there late and also the meeting finished late for us. “Jess” did a listening of Soca and Gospel Calypso with 1L.

    Recess came and I made a list from the marchers. There was confusion about me now being placed in Mitchell House. But thankfully it was sorted and hooray I got to stay with the Blue House. I was told that I could use the form that I made as the official form. There was a social worker to see Ms Gittens when we were on our way to the hall during the fifth period for the house meeting. Ms. and I were joined by the Mitchell teachers.

    We had a meeting with four Form 6 students to work on the chant well. This was from the end of the house meeting probably until the end of lunchtime. I came up with something short but with three verses and a chorus. We had three songs planned out but we needed more things for the chant to be completed.

    Midway into the eighth period, I met Nathan, “Zach”, Iza and “Shiv” in the corridor. They had a free and were going to see if they could use a tenor pan to practice the pitches they had learned on the pan. I went with them to their practice outside in the back of the music room. After about six rounds of trying to roll on the pitches C to G, I allowed one of the boys to make a video for the rest of their class. Hopefully, this will help with their practical. The boys asked me to play a song for them on the Tenor Pan which was part of the recording too, lolz.

    I met Miss Soodeen by my desk after school to give her the chocolate. Only “Kimmy” was the last to collect her gift from me. I saw about “Call Me Gangsta” and a new word game that night. I played out the first 40 levels in the word game and fell asleep on the couch until 2.30 a.m.

Link(s):

  • Holding Pansticks Video.**

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:45 am – 4:49 pm)

Yesterday (Day #241) – (8:15 am – 3:37 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment