Monday, January 8, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #53) – Day #239

Date for Entry: (Monday 08 January 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 January 2024)

[T2, W:02 – WD:05, (Td:5)*].

**Scales

Dear Diary,

    I came to Valsayn with the new teacher. The song "Dance by Myself" was a nice song to do for Steelpan. I was shocked seeing "Mr. Haynes returned to school as a student. I met Jess walking in to sign after I did. Another gentleman came looking for Mr. Ramdath but we couldn't find him.

    I met Miss Mary for a shocking chat about a scammer who had scammed her before going to the music room for observation with their form for students. They reviewed labelling codes of the C major scale with a Minor, Augmented and Diminished. Jess sat with me and we filled out a teacher's logs for the 1F role and inserted the names. It was tiring to do just one class. The form 4 students did a study of genre, Mighty Shadow, Calypso and Soca beats.

    I went to copy form one and two exam papers for Miss Jess and met her in 1M. I did the corrections for questions three and questions five and she did the rest of the questions. The majority of the time was given to the students to copy the question in their notebook. The recess was very short. I was not there for the meeting. I delivered Seth's visual arts textbook in his classroom. He had 1F labelled on the book.

    The students from 2L took too long to get to the music room after recess. Soon new pointers were given in the note. The heat got all of us tired faster as lunchtime came. I got 12 papers to them. The students did not remember to come with me to the office to collect them. Planned now to go and work on the first chapter of my book in the staff room. I could not focus so much with the loud noise and sports house meetings taking place.

    I went to the music room to visit for class after lunch. Miss Roberts said that it was practical today. I was working with a lower sixth boy doing D, F, Bb, and Ab. These scales had to be major, harmonic minor, and melodic minor. We were both wet and tired at the end of school. I taught him the pattern that they did at UWI. Deon could not see me on Day 1 but we had scheduled the seventh and eighth periods on Day 2 to do a math practical on simultaneous equations.

    I fell asleep again on the couch and then woke up exactly at 11:00 PM for my “Secret of Polygamy” show. I did not sleep again for the rest of the night. I ended up doing some work and playing a few games until the morning came.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:40 am – 3:44 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment