Tuesday, September 26, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #41) – Day #184

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 26 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (September 2023)

[T1, W:04 – D:16, (Td:4)*].

**Registration for the CXC Music conference.

Dear Diary,

    This morning I had some time to wait at home. I got up earlier than usual because I was so excited to get to DCFA. It’s been a long time since I left the school (Friday 13th March 2019) on the day of the first recorded case of COVID-19 in Trinidad. Getting to the Cheeseman Building I  was mistaken for a worker. They asked me to help them carry in some cases of water. (The time of arrival is the time written below along with the time of departure from the compound.)

    Only one lady was there and I saw Mr Sharma coming down the steps soon after. We were both given the attendance to sign. I thought it would have been a big, long-form it was a simple row. They took us to Lecture Room 3 and we helped them step up the classroom area. There was a long wait to start due to technical difficulties. Some familiar faces were there. I was surprised that the cell phone I got during my Degree still remembered the Wi-Fi.

    Mr Sharma did the first half of the conference which was grading the conference. We learned that grading the students’ composition too high or too low can get a teacher kicked out of the CXC system and they would have to go through an interview with the Curriculum Officer or some other official concerning the marks. Everyone was split into different groups and had to assess a composition. I think some of them were done by Mr Sharma. We had to look at some criteria. Some of the groups were giving some shocking low marks but we understood once we saw the score.

    A recess was given after Mr. Sharma’s half of the presentation was completed. I met John from Tunapuna and I also met Andrea from TIPICA in the restroom area. Andrea and I went upstairs because the toilets were not working. Strange. I used to use the restroom upstairs because of the overpopulation below.

    The second half of the conference dealt with timetabling. For this part of the session, I was sitting in the very last row of the Lecture Room and John was sitting next to me with Mr Barry. Surprising to see Miss Roberts decide to sit in the same chair from earlier, lol.

    The lady was extremely good. I think I would have liked her as a teacher in my lifetime. She seemed like a real teacher. She drew a flat triangle connecting the four words History to the top, Theory below, Practical to the right, and SBA to the left. My hand was very tired rushing down all of the notes that the lady was speaking. I felt like the back row was better so no one would see all the notes I was writing down like mad. There were seven pages in total.

    In the end, it took me a while to leave. A lot of the audience left the compound quickly. I met Mr Roger after a while. I didn’t see Mr Reed or Mr Sheldon in the Festival Library. I met some of my older friends Melissa, Isiah, Marsha and Marissa. They left and I remained in the corridor. I sat there waiting for Daddy to come and tried to work out rhythm exercises for conducting my Form 2s. It was a blessing. I thanked Miss Paul again after returning home that evening after Bible study.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:54 am – 12:50 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment