Tuesday, September 12, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #39) – Day #175

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 12 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 23 September 2023)

[T1, W:02 – D:07, (Td:01)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to Valsayn with a new Driver. As soon as we turned the corner from the maxi street, I smelled something like perfume from outside like watermelon. Two men came out of the maxi and walked in front. Wasn’t nice that they were smoking. As not sure where Miss Paul would have been. She came into the office to sign and I got my bags and we walked up the corridor together.

    The class was in a mess. I neatened it up and assembly took a long time. Miss Jones came and told me that she left the children in the classroom. She did not know if they were to come over to the music room so I went over to Block K to collect the children and brought them to the music room. They were lined up with the bags and we began class soon after. Miss Paul introduced herself and allowed me to take over. The first half of lesson 1 was completed.

    As soon as the class was over, we were free until after lunch. She said that she didn’t detect any problems when I was teaching. It was the first time that she got to see how I taught. I felt accomplished as I had scored a perfect hundred in some way.

    I thought that I would have gotten to do my Bible study in the office during the fifth and sixth periods but Amika asked me to type up the testimonial for myself by saying, “Here, Daryl. Type something nice for yourself.” As soon as I opened the letter that I allowed her to slip onto my flash drive, they tricked me with the same letter that Miss Gitten had written for me as a submission for the teacher’s number. I sat there and wrote something over from scratch and something that was the truth. I lost the picture that I took of it.

    During lunchtime, a man came to see his son. A lot of us in the office were fearful of him. I took up my stuff and ran off before he might have gotten worse. I hid my scissors in the cupboard before leaving the desk. Amika took a very long time to print the letter. It was printed first and then we realised that it had to get a header. It took much longer to get and printer over. I wished that I had asked for three. (I didn’t keep a copy for myself.)

    As lunchtime came to an end, Miss Paul met me as I was sitting on the couch in my staffroom and we walked back up to the music room. I didn’t mind the speed. It had been a while since I woke at that speed. Short-legged people need to do double and triple time to keep up. She told me about my impression of her after speaking with others.

    We had a nice joke afterwards and as we entered the music room, we decided to go back over the exam papers. She told me that she had to leave early. After school, more buses were needed as it was the first day back out for the lower school. The time for walking was even longer for the busses to get back from George’s through the evening traffic.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:39 am – 3:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment