Wednesday, September 20, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #40) – Day #181

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 20 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 29 September 2023)

[T1, W:03 – D:13 , (Td:1)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning I came to Georges with two girls. I met Miss Donald and Miss Patel was busy printing the new timetables in the office before assembly time. The whole school’s timetables were changed around. Miss Roberts’s timetable was given to me to give her and I was given Miss Paul’s timetable. There was a mix of both Upper and Lower 6 classes in a double period. Only Kiel signed yesterday. I had a laugh when I realised, I forgot to sign.

    Had a long wait for 1F to come down to the music room too. A lot of the boys were happy to see me for some reason. We were able to finish the first lesson which was the introduction. I was proud of the children. They gave a very good attempt at practising drawing the treble clef in their manuscript books. I am at lunch in the third period.

    I recall that before the session began, a Mr Amed brought me a letter from a parent saying that he could do “music” (the practical) but he was allowed to study the theory with us. Another student too bought a letter but I felt bad about ripping it out of their copybook. The most I could have done was take a picture from my phone and print it out. I hope I find the student soon to get them to photocopy it for me.

    At lunchtime, Mis Jaikaran’s son came and he did the first lesson. I kept forgetting his name. It was a slow and steady start. Very good progress made so far. Did a lot of copies for the Form 2 and 3 research to make a scheme of work. I had 2F this afternoon. The time signatures lesson was done and fully received. Not sure if to do a follow-up class on the topic or if to go onto ledger lines.

    That same evening, I got home and fell asleep on the couch. I didn’t get to do any Bible chapter work. The book from the music room was taken back.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:43 am – 3:44 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment