Thursday, September 14, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #39) – Day #177

Date for Entry: (Thursday 14 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 29 September 2023)

[T1, W:02 – D:09, (Td:3)*].

**Letter from Pastor Janelle

Dear Diary,

    This morning Miss Roberts said that she would be a tardy late. Miss Paul and I were in the music room alone. We had 1M for their first class this morning. This means that Miss Paul was going to take the Form 1 class while I went over to Form 3F. I took the music past papers.

    Before getting to the end of the corridor, I met two students from the same class walking about and sent them back. I realised that I accidentally took the Form 3 papers instead of the Form 2. It was a Form 2 class now moved up to Form 3. It felt confusing at first but I had to go back and find the correct heap of papers. I had no idea where to go when I was in Block K.

    After the greetings, I got someone to share the papers and have everyone sign attendance. They were confused because they knew that not everyone wanted to do music and some had to do Theatre Arts. I did not know about the class division so instead, I had the students go through parts of the paper until Miss Jones came. We spoke outside of the classroom first and she said she was shocked when she saw me in the classroom. We did not know where Miss Roberts was.

    Sometime after, she came into the classroom, sat at the back and went to scrolling through her phone. Unbelievable of her but I continued. Soon Miss Jones returned and I decided to sit for the rest of the double period. I could have been in class with Miss Paul but I decided to wait around in case anything and see what they were doing. The double period was over. Miss Jones apologised afterwards before I entered the music room.

    Miss Paul and I saw back in the ‘coffin box’ room and we shared what occurred in the last two periods, She told me that she was able to reach half of the work which was fine. Strange enough, this time around the first lesson for the Form 1s had to be divided into two sessions. Both of us along with Miss Jones remained there in the ‘coffin box’ room liming until the end of lunchtime. Again, they were having celebrations for George’s anniversary and didn’t tell us anything.

    The cake was all finished by the time we knew. We didn’t eat any. I found it strange that all the students were out in the yard still. Miss Jones came and told Miss Gittens and me that they were calling the school back for roll call at 2 p.m. I went back to the music rom and met the 1L students on their way. That single period went by quickly and soon did the second period too. The children didn’t have much time to draw the treble clefs but the note was fully received by the students.

    Later that evening, Miss Gittens and I waited for the last bus to go down to Port-of-Spain to Street Ministry. There was an extremely late start. We waited at the venue for everyone to begin. The topic this evening was the easy and direct call to Jesus (Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.”).

    I saw my friend Jovan from Hillview walking down the pavement on the other side after the worship session was over. It was someone’s birthday that evening and they were singing and dancing on the road. Pastor Janelle signed the letter and handed it to me before Miss and I left.

    When I got back home, I couldn’t get much music done for the Indian Bhajan but I got one verse completed. I went to do a full lesson in Unit 4 of my Spanish lessons. That was a four-part session. Couldn’t chat afterwards. It was already 11:30 in the night and I had to run to bed.

Link(s):

  • MTC Street Ministry (Thurs 14 Sep. 2023). **

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:42 am – 3:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment