Friday, September 22, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #40) – Day #183

Date for Entry: (Friday 22 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (September 2023)

[T1, W:03 – D15, (Td:3)*].

**Picture from Republic Day playoff

Dear Diary,

    Came to Valsayn choked up in the maxi and got wet in the rain as soon as I crossed the road. I had to make a run for it. By the time I got to the office door, I was sixty-seven per cent soaked down. I thought that I would have been late to perform the St. George’s College song time would have gone and I missed it.

    When I got into the office, I saw the Cadets. Their officer told me which type of group they were when I asked. It was nice to see that two female Form 2 students of mine were part of their troop. Arela had the National flag hanging from her right shoulder and Miss Rampersad had the St. George’s flag hanging from her left shoulder. had the I got paper towel sheets to dry my hair, come it and dry my hands. I saw Mr. Ustash with “GG” and it seemed as if they were having a late start.

    I got my music bookstand out and set it up along with a George’s Song Booklet that I made and waited in the corridor. Mrs Jaikaran was now pulling into the compound. I went to the hall with ‘GG’ and Miss Sawh. Before the national anthem was to be played, I went up onto the stage and placed the bookstand in front of a tenor pan I felt comfortable playing. Seth and ‘Vanna’ came up to play the national anthem. The rest of the programme was long and boring after playing the College song. There was a nice dance part and a group picture with the teachers and the principal.

    I returned to the office to have breakfast. Did not have to teach for the rest of the day with certain things occurring the in office to me. I got to update my teaching log and took note of the classes that were missed. I did some paper stapling for Miss Mustapha during recess. Before the MMT meeting today during the fourth and fifth periods began, I gave the copies to Miss Gittens to give to Miss Mustapha.

    I did not like the sore throat that remained since Wednesday. In the evening, there were some loud arguments in the principal office. It drove me out of the office. And I went to the staffroom to free myself of that dissonance. Classes were soon interrupted by the distribution of cake. We learned that it would be the principal’s 54th birthday during the weekend. I got Genesis #17 reading and sonnet completed while the office was piled up with people and students for the cake. They used my tray for books to carry the cake.

    I stayed with Susan There was the absence of  Miss Gittens. We were looking for her. Once Miss came back from the staffroom, I wanted to check in the art room. She wasn’t there. We stayed for the Zomba class in the hall and then rode out “Maria”. I got two more slices of extra cake they offered me in the office. I decided the two slices that I got were one for Miss Gittens and one for Miss Paul that I ate in the staffroom.

    In Tunapuna, while waiting in the car with Andrew, Miss Patel called me and asked me about pan lessons for ‘Savvy’ and her brother. We should discuss this on Wednesday next week. Looking forward to the Music CXC conference at DCFA next week.

Link(s):

  • Republic Day Celebration Pictures.**


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:49 am – 3:43 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment