Friday, September 15, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #39) – Day #178

Date for Entry: (Friday 15 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 29 September 2023)

[T1, W:02 – D:10, (Td:4)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning I woke up too tired from yesterday. Got to Curepe late. Daddy bought two pies from the bakery that moved to the bus route side. Three Georgian girls entered the maxi as soon as I sat and we took off. I thought I was going to be late for class but I forgot that there was going to be Religious Instruction that morning. I still went up to the music room to prepare my stuff and probably the room for class. I saw Miss Paul there and she was chatting with Miss Lousha and Mr Raymond.

    We both waited for period one to finish and the students did not come. We had 2L this morning. I had to go and collect them before they did not know to come over to the music room. There were only ten minutes again for the class to be over but attendance was still taken. Miss Paul and I sat in the coffin box room and chatted and there was more consulting to do with topics.

    I sat with her and filled out my teaching log for the six classes that we would have met in between. She saw that they were having a conference for CXC Music and went to ask permission for me could join it. Miss Jones met us sometime afterwards. They both saw what I was doing and I shared a view of my forms with them. I didn’t speak with Miss Gittens until after school. I saw that she was handling a matter with students.

    2M came in the evening. We had a review of form 1 topics which were similar to the 2F topics. Time signatures and barlines, pitches on the treble and bass staves, and ties and slurs. There was a request to review major scales and accidentals. I saw on the attendance form that Suvir marked it as his birthday. I went over and told him happy birthday while the class was working. Their double period went by quickly. Miss Leiba told me that Miss Lousha was sick and went home early. They were taking the shuttle to go back down to Barataria.

    Had to go and update my teaching logs in the office and take care of my attendance receipts. Mis Paul had already left but she told me that the principal had permitted me to attend the CXC conference on the 26th of September in the next few days. Mrs Santana gave me a ride out to Curepe. We had a good laugh about my week.

Link(s):

  • CSEC Music Teachers Workshop (Memo).**

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:58 am – 3:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment