Wednesday, September 13, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #39) – Day #176

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 13 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 29 September 2023)

[T1, W:02 – D:08, (Td:2)*].

**Good Character Cert. receipt

Dear Diary,

    I came to Valsayn with a new driver and with Sadie. We walked in from the road to the compound. She was playing a song and I was shocked when I saw the title of it “The Devil’s Calling.” She laughed and told me it was not what it looked like. I just took her word for it and walked onto the admin building after being greeted by “Miss Salma” at the gate.

    I did not eat anything at all. I fixed up everything and walked up to the music room. It was only the teacher’s room that was locked. Miss Paul came in during the middle of assembly time and we couldn’t get in. Instead, we used a blank copy of the exam paper with 2M. They took notes from everything in their notebooks instead.

    The departmental meeting was during the second period and I couldn’t get to go. Miss Roberts came in late into the period three. Miss Paul and I had 1L right after 2M. This class shared a symphony of descant recorders in the home classroom. I heard it playing on my way to get them in Block K. They were lined up by boys and girls but the lines are never maintained, lol.

    I had to go to my desk down to the admin office to get more attendance receipt forms. The welcome to the Form 1 students was brief. Miss Paul had already introduced herself and handed them over to me once I returned. We had two students who could not do music because of religious reasons. We were told by the boy and the girls that they were not allowed to play instruments that you need to blow wind into, as well as certain drumming instruments with particular kinds of skins. This was very new and strange to me.

    The students overall had a fun class. Not sure how boring it was for some others. I quickly ate my dhal and rice with jeera neck in the kitchen. “Tia” was telling me to take my time eating because I’m not always late and then say excuse. Miss Paul went to see the Principal but she was busy today in a meeting. I went to get 2F in Block K out of their classroom and to the music room. I didn’t like how this class had no days in between to prepare. It was today and tomorrow only on the timetable.

    Miss Paul recommended before I left for recess, to take note of topics that are difficult for the children and have a review before moving forward. Those topics from 2F were time signatures (Grade 1), Accidentals, Major scales, Tonic Triads, and Ties and Slurs requested by Sanjay. These topics took the full duration of the double period.

    I was so tired after that. It took me a very long time to pack my bag. When I got back in the office, I sat back down and took longer. I also was trying to make up my mind on which books needed to go home with me for the night. Felt very tired and slow by Isa after meeting Daddy in Curepe. We decided to go and try to pay for the Certificate of Good Character at the Police Station. I prayed about it going up. We parked outside the church and went down but the officer there told us to chance another station since they ran out of receipt books.

    Daddy did not want to go down to St. Joseph now. He said that the school traffic would be too heavy now. I told him that we should at least try since Friday I would be too tired to go there. We got in the car and went to make an effort. As soon as we turned the corner to pass Lesslie, my second prayer was about to be completed. When we got to the counter, the officer woman yelled us up and shouted at Dad. When I saw how she was behaving I told Dad to leave it and I will try to come back on Friday. Exiting the yard, I felt like I could have wanted to give up on the application.

    When we crossed the road, a gentleman came running out into the roadway and told us that they would do the receipt for us. I went in, handed the printed form to the same officer and she filled out the receipt. Her supervisor came out and did the inking that she did not want to do. She inked my fingers and did the printing on the form. They suggested that I had taken a picture of the same receipt before it was misplaced.

    I thanked Jesus again after leaving the compound. I fell asleep on the couch after Daddy left and missed bible study with Uncle Ram. I saw Aunty’s miscall and we were still able to have the study session.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:38 am – 3:58 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment