Wednesday, February 28, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #60) – Day #271

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 28 February 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 16 May 2024)

[T2, W:09 – WD:37, (Td:6)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning I had a hard time waking up. Not many cars were in the compound while walking in. Maybe it was the traffic. I knew it had one traffic by St John Road. The maxi needed one more person in the back and we took off. The driver took the housing roundabout and the rest of the road was clear surprisingly. I didn't have to wait long to cross the road either. Miss Patel was there today after a while.

    As soon as Miranda came out of her office I remembered her saying that the meeting for tomorrow would only be for teachers and not OJTs. I may just have to go over to DCFA and find out if they will allow me to sit in the meeting. I saw that Crystal and the principal went for a ride. I laughed with myself at how jealous I felt. Maybe they were going for lunch?

    Miss Kittens gave me a message for the papers for 2F tomorrow. I had them stapled and batched off before delivering them. She asked me to write out the instructions for her on a sheet of paper. Jess met me in Block A and we spoke about the exemption letters for the children. She had to ask about it with the principal and a dean. I went to work on part of the book. I didn't work on it for the evening. I couldn't print because there was not much colour in the art room. I went back to the office.

    Miranda and Crystal came back. Kyle was in the office too. He got me and the others copies of the new timesheet forms which I filled out and returned to my desk before leaving the compound. I felt so tired after getting home. Aunty Joan had called me to ask for me to do a scripture reading at her meeting on Saturday. I took the offer and she said that she would work with a bible for me. I woke up late at 7.38 that same night and had met Ash for class.

    I didn't wake up until I started to teach. I asked him to list the topics that we had. I decided to begin Term 3 work on Form 1 and return to the other work topics later. Tess was now starting that with the Form 2s. We did accidentals first and then went right into the tones and semitones lesson. This took an hour exactly to complete and his homework would be all of both sections for the questions in the red book.

    The time afterwards was taken to finish “Maleck Kohanim.” I didn't go to apostle bible study again. I had an impossible feeling that the song wasn't going to finish. There was some insecurity that the strumming could not work out. Praise God it did. I felt so relieved that the song was accomplished. I think that the hallelujah challenge will have to wait since it will take more time than I had.

    I think “Let the Weight” is the next piled-up song that I will have to wait on. It feels like very uncertain territory like the Yahweh and Malek Kuhanim. But it will be done and completed in some way. Mummy always used to say that the most difficult pieces of art come out the best.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:42 am – 4:28 pm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment