Wednesday, February 7, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #57) – Day #259

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 07 February 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 16 May 2024)

[T2, W:06 – WD:25, (Td:6)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning the time it took to wake up was so hard. I had too much gas in my stomach. I had to wait in the toilet and then get ready. Thankfully, the hair was not so messed up. The maxi in front by Lockhart Street was full. I saw Shiraz was the driver of that first maxi pulling off. The other driver in the back was Ravi. He looked good in a red plaid shirt today.

    As soon as I entered the office, it was filled with people. Only after finishing eating, Miss Kittens left and someone in a white car came to park up in the principal's parking. I didn't know if it was Miranda. I took my things to Block K and Miss Sudeen told me to come line with them tomorrow morning for lunch and the party. They had a whiteboard with several things the teachers were bringing. I remained there for the whole day. I had to take one of the soft green rolling chairs because a blue padded chair was beginning to pain my nice hops bread.

    During lunchtime, I heard word that Mrs Santana cancelled the competition and that the principal decided not to do anything and cancelled the show. Jess and Miss were going to continue working on the show. Miss Gittens told me that Jess and she were going to continue with the show without the principal's assistance. Miss Gittens also asked me if I was willing to be a judge for the competition. She told me that Miss Jess had indicated that I would still be considered independent and not biased because I was not heavily involved in the children's work. This means that I would have been a judge for the Soca Competition, The Bomb Competition, and the Calypso Icons Competition.

    In 7th period, I had a class with Miss Roberts. There was a long wait for her and they did SoCal, Mento, Star, R&B, and two other genres of study for that evening. This was their form 4 class. She had asked me to prepare something on rhythm. At first, I was not sure how to do it, but I was willing to give it a try. Miss Kittens left early today. Miss Greenaway shared a snack with me and she said it was like cheese sticks, but made from peas. I did not get to take a picture of the pack. She said that it was a product from Trinidad and Tobago. She left early as well.

    I think I saw Andrew on the road going up to Curepe. It looked like he was trying to get a taxi, but I doubt it would have been Andrew because I am not sure he would have been in that part of the city. Zaria stopped by Doubles again. In Royal Castle, Andrew said that the person he saw was him. I was surprised that he had gotten up to Curip before me, but I suspect that the taxi rushed up and went through the back.

    As soon as I got home, Jess called me. I had to call back after reaching home and we spoke about the function for tomorrow. She told me that there was disapproval for everything and that she was still going to try to make the event possible and do things to make it fun for the children. I typed up the program for her and listed the contestants in each of the competitions. This took me from 7 pm to 10 pm that night, except for trying to rush out the lyrics for K-Man's song in the score that I did.

    Hopefully tomorrow I will work out the chords for the K-Man song before it is ready to print. I went to play Bingo, and Bravo Bingo, and I got two chapters read from the story. It was a struggle until I had to get up to go and sleep in bed. Thank you for watching!


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:00 am – 4:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment