Friday, February 23, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #59) – Day #268

 Date for Entry: (Friday 23 February 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 16 May 2024)

[T2, W:08 – WD:34, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to school in a rush. She told me that she should be going to be late. I thought that we might have both missed the first morning's class. There was a religious session going on and all of them took a very long time to finish. I waited in Block K and then met with Jess in the staff room to go back to Block K. We had to wait for the Catholic lady to finish in one of the four-man classrooms.

    There was less than one period to go and the lesson was on Bass Clef. The same was done for 1F right into the other double period, periods three and four. We had to wait for 1F to come back from their classroom. I believe they had Mr. Mr. Bain for woodworking. As I was erasing the board, Ms. Jones came back to yell at a large number of children who ended up ditching Mr. Bain's class when they heard that he was not there in school. Some of them said that Mr. Bain was not coming to school again because they heard that students from 1M said Mr. Bain was not there.

    As I crossed the board, I ended up spilling my venting mentally. Ms Hood had offered me to do the note on the board. I didn't mind. I also did the attendance form and handed it to the children while Ms. took over the rest of the class session. I had a lot of fun with the Muslim boys in the back doing maths with them.

    At recess, Jess kept the class back for making noise. They had to wait and leave in groups wherever she saw necessary. I spoke with Brad and Fish before leaving. A short rescue occurred in class. A short scene occurred in the classroom before I left. I remained with Choo Choo in Block K, Ms. Dana, and Nia during the fifth period. I didn't feel like doing much work. I had my times out adjusted in the office and then transferred those times to my journal book.

    Miranda was there during lunchtime. Jess took out again to get to 1L. We waited and before I could start the bass club lesson, she came by the door and then told me to line them up and take them to the music room. This class got the steel band technique lessons and practical as the rest of the other two form ones. Their class was rolling under pitches C to F. Apparently, this was their first class to do practical practice rolling with a pattern. One girl was left. One girl had left her book in the office and I could not help her. I told her to go and get Jess up for the key.

    Ms. called me out and we went to the art room. I left for the staff room but she called me out and I had to go back to the art room to babysit the children doing food and nutrition while Calvin and Steven were there. I didn't like it because they were wasting their time. One of the girls in the corner broke something that sounded like glass. I still heard a spray being used from Mr Bain's woodwork room. As soon as the timer on my phone alarm made a sound, I had the children pack up and leave the room.

    Maria had her first set of English papers printed. She told Susan and me that it was a booklet of 21 pages and the first nine sheets were already printed. Daddy gave me a call to let me know that we would be coming up late. I went to the small table and had a seat. There was a shorter, longer wait for the rest of the exam papers to finish. Susan did not give me the answer sheet to help her mark the papers again.

    The papers were done as soon as I entered the administration office to get my blue bag for church. Somehow, I did not know where the blue bag went. The three of us sat back in the back seat to collate the exam papers and staple them.

    So, Maria and I gathered the last four pages and Susan got us the first view. It was night when the three of us left the compound. After finishing dinner and sitting on the couch, I couldn't do anything again, which meant that I could not work on the textbook or any other musical arrangements for the night. I hope that this weekend I can accomplish something. I hope that this weekend I can accomplish something.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

Yesterday – Day #267: (7:53 am – 4:23 pm)

(7:21 am – 6:49 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment