Thursday, February 8, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #57) – Day #260

 Date for Entry: (Thursday 08 February 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 16 May 2024)

[T2, W:06 – WD26, (Td:x)*].

**results

Dear Diary,

    Daddy called me to let me know that he woke up late this morning. This means that I too woke up late. I missed my clock alarms. I got dressed and ready quickly. I had on my Starlift t-shirt this morning. Since Miss Houdin wanted me to wear red today. We saw Dr. Remy's car parked up in the D.C.F.A. compound on our way down to QF. Roti took a ride with us until we reached McLeod Street. As soon as I came out of the maxi by the road to cross, I realized that Kayden and Miss Charles in the maxi were with me.

    No one was in the office this morning by the time I got in there. Susan ended up reading Starlift wrong and mistook it for Stardust. Mrs. Santana came in and we had the same color shirt. The same colour pants and the same colour shoes. We laughed and she said that she had to hide from me because she was already in too much trouble. I just came to sign and left copies of the programs. She asked me to get four folders and changed it to five on her way out. Miss Shoba told me to stop by for breakfast and that the line would be open all day.

    Mr. Alexander from 1M collected the copies and folders for Jess and I went to the hall to see everyone. They had no extension cords in the office so I had to go back and tell Jess that. There was an issue with the print. There were no extension chords in the office so I had to go back and tell Jess that. There was an issue with the prints for the judges' forms so I had to walk back to the office to reformat and re-layout the forms and print them over myself. The fix took a long and only Miss Ali was there in the office at the time to see people and students coming in. She wasn't feeling well at all.

    While I sat by the judges' table they were playing Penthouse by voice. It was a nice song and it seemed like a good one for Steel Pan. I had my vest coat on for the judging event. I was not sure if the cap on my head could go on with the timing. I didn't bother to go back to the office a fourth time this morning to collect the cap. Sitting next to me was Elyssa on my right, then Miss James, Miss Daniels and our upper school girl. The ladies were only talking so much that I had to do all the work on my own in terms of tallying the points afterwards.

    We had a lot of fun during the event. For some of these contestants, I had no idea what kind of marks to give them because the quality of the singing was not that well done. I tried to remember Miss Saunders during the judging and tried to wonder what she might have done as a guide to put in marks for the students. By doing all the work this is why I would be keeping the final tally sheets and all documents that were with me for my archives. Miss Gittens remained in the hall and they gave us some food with banana, Portugal, cheese paste carrots and a cheese puff on a plate.

    These were for the judges. They were very nice. But I went over to Block A after the tallies were finished to visit. Everyone in the staff room was already finished with lunch. They had pizza which I took. They had bowls of dark chocolate and they also had heart-shaped barfi. That was some of the things that they had. I only took from what was open.

    I didn't want to open any bags of cookies so Mrs Rivers danced and tried to sing Annex Temple when the principal left. Miranda came into the staff room to find Miss Pantry but she was not there. Mrs Rivers got to see how difficult it was trying to come up with lyrics on the spot. She was trying to look at me for help seeing that I was music but I too wasn't able to help her except for one line. Miss Mustapha did the music.

    Sadly, Aficia came to the staff room and told me that they needed someone to write their names on the certificate. They were busy helping someone and looked tired after finishing the man's son's certificate. I did not get the certificate for Jess again because everyone was busy trying to help a man find his son's certificate.

    At the end of school, Jess told me that she was not coming tomorrow. I found that she did a really good job even though the principal disapproved of the show. The evening was very tiring. 

    When I was able to find the codes for K-Man Black Rain, I waited and waited in frustration by the piano to figure out the codes but did not like what was given to me by Chordify. The lead sheet was ready. I'm not sure if any of their five boys would be there to let them know that the song was ready for listening tomorrow. I got two secular songs that were already transcribed to complete during the carnival weekend. I'm looking forward to the staff room again.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:55 am – 2:47 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment