Tuesday, February 27, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #60) – Day #270

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 27 February 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 16 May 2024)

[T2, W:09 – WD:36, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning Andrew had to go early and I decided to go late so that Daddy could drop him off and then come for me. I got to sleep a bit later and then got ready. Somehow Miss Harris didn't get enough teachers to go on the field trip and she had four buses filled with children and she asked me when Jess came to my desk. Jess and I exchanged large-eyed looks when Dr. Blandon started to yell at Miss Harris. She was seeking clarification from the principal over the phone. I got Miss Mohammed to do the copies for 2L to do the test.

    I had 1M at third period and they did not even pull out unloaded students onto the maxi. We shared another big-eyed look before I went over in the black game. The children were loud and restless. Ethan was all over the classroom at some point. They got the note on steel pan techniques and had to draw over the tenner pan-blue sea in their notebooks.

    I had the children close in their notebooks to do a rectangle to a rectangular shape and had them roll pens or pencils in their hands and pretend that the rectangular-shaped notebook was a note in the steel pan. I went around the classroom twice and that was the end of the session. Recess went by too suddenly. I had to call Miss Roberts to find out if the music room was free. She said yes and I took the children to the music room for their score analysis test. Four boys were cheating and two girls were sleeping. I remained there for the rehearsal session at lunchtime.

    I got a text from Mrs. Sharma about training to catalogue books in the library for the church and help with the library project. I was so happy that I told her yes. I stayed with the Form 6 classes for the 7th and 8th periods. They did scales first, practical sessions, B and F before getting into the theory. Major and minor pentatonic and blue scales were given by formula. Miss Roberts moved the non-chord tunes and did the passing tune. The heat in that room was too much.

    I didn't see Susan in the evening. It was sad not to see any text papers. Miss Roberts suggested that I seek the principal's permission to go to the workshop tomorrow. I texted her but had to wait for a response. It was only this morning that the official letter for the workshop came out in the WhatsApp chat. This was evening.

    The Wi-Fi wasn't working and I couldn't go onto the internet to have class with Ash. I was only able to send him a message and hope that they would get it when the Wi-Fi kicked in at half past eight in the night.

    I took the time to work on the “Malech Kohanim” arrangement and was able to work out the majority. Only when the strumming pattern for the introduction was agreeable, the Wi-Fi came in instantly. I worked on this steel pan arrangement until eleven o'clock at night.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:12 am – 4:50 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment