Tuesday, October 11, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 4) – Day #14

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 11th October 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 24th October 2022)

Dear Diary,

    The school’s email told us that today was day one. I spent some time yesterday coming up with a worksheet for my Form One students to do in the absence of our class. We also had a departmental meeting that started at 8:30 and then at 10:30 right after there was a staff meeting also on Zoom. VAPA and Languages were grouped together.

    I did not get the link to the first meeting on time so I took the time to write up the email for the students. I was not sure exactly what I would say in that first email as a ‘teacher’ but I thought about it a lot and gave it my best. Only later in the evening, I was harshly disappointed with myself when I did not ask the student to reply with their names and Form class. It would have been the only way to count attendance. I still have to find out who had working emails. Some were from parents and not students.

    In the staff meeting, we had a short wait and then a prayer was said. Some events that occurred cannot be recorded here in the journal. We heard from some of the teachers present in school that the corridors were not very safe and some of them were leaking. I had a very weird feeling from one of the school’s five emails over the days about us having to be present in the staffroom and not being able to teach. Daddy’s response to it was true in a way.

    The meeting concluded at 1:40. At one o’clock, I was having my lunch at the dining table still wondering about everything and listening to the meeting. I fell flat on the couch afterwards. It was a lot to take in. 

Link(s):

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:46am – 3:46pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment