Tuesday, October 4, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 3) – Day #12

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 4 October 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 9 October 2022)

Dear Diary,

    This morning I got a ride with Aunty Vangy. I was afraid of getting soaked down in the rain that was supposed to be coming. I also wanted to carry down the small table that I had at home because I wanted to stay away from the staffroom as much as possible to avoid any argument or conflict concerning that table. We let security know that I was keeping the table in the school. It was a new record for reaching on time.

    I had some trouble with the wifi at school. Only at home, I was able to get the document open. Miss Roberts wanted me to check something for her. When I got to school that morning, I met some men painting the walls on our building block. It had filled up the music room.

    Also, there were some persons from the Ministry of Education that came into the music room to check our inventory. Miss Roberts had already sent her Form Fives out of the steelpan room because the pain was filling up both rooms. I turned off the air conditioning units and turned on the electronic fans in the room. It cooled down soon after.

    While the persons were interrogating Miss Roberts, I left to go to the office hoping that the wifi would send me the document she wanted me to look through. I was finally able to get a list of all the students to take attendance for the classes conducted thus far.

    By the time I returned, I went and sat on a chair along the corridor far from where they were painting with the Form Fives. I had to dismiss them myself when the bell rang. I told them it was better to go off to which class and avoid being late as the third period started. They agreed and left packing up. I returned to the music classroom.

    In the afternoon I had a double period for seventh and eighth with Form One Leacock. They were a bit easier to wrestle. Unfortunately, on a day as such Miss Roberts had a large class that needed to take them to the Music Room. I had to be in school under the supervision of Miss Patel or someone else that was assigned to me.

    We did not have a piano and I did not remember asking to get the keyboard to use in the classroom. I had to leave the short singing exercise for the next double period that we would be in the music room. The class ended about five minutes before school was over.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(6:55am – 2:46pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment