Tuesday, April 18, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #26) – Day #114

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 18 April 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 22 April 2023)

[T3, W:01 – D:02*].

Dear Diary,

    Mr Gross and ‘Smiles’ came with me in the maxi this morning. I had breakfast in the art room this morning. Miss Gittens gave me some money to buy her a pie. The lady in the “Breakfast Express” had sold out her pies that morning so Daddy and I went to the bakery place opposite Courts. Their cost went up a third time by two dollars. We had chocolate to share before my immediate return to the office.

    ‘Ms Gloria’ that morning walked me over to the ‘music room’ to open the door. As soon as I walked in, I was horrified at the disorganization of the classroom area. I had 1L coming soon and the room was not prepared for them. Miss Roberts was one minute away from the compound when I called her. Surprisingly she came early to school and we had two more rows to fix before the students entered the classroom.

    The students’ papers were returned to them and we received some of the questions. The same was done for 1F later in the evening during the seventh and eighth periods but they needed the full duration of the time. They were nosier than 1L. I did not like doing the class in the ‘music room’. The experience there was very uncomfortable.

    Before lunchtime, I was on my way to the art room. I had a nice chat with Mr Bains about the special mark book I made to share. He had moderation that same day and I supposed marks to enter as all of the other teachers were trying to do as much as they could. I got to reinforce Miss Gittens’ mark book and paper it in the copyright ream wrapper. I got her one of my adhesive labels to label the mark book.

    When school was done, I felt really tired. I left sad in a way sending off the children no matter the struggle they put me in because Miss Roberts said that she would be taking over the Forms 1s from me this term. I was very concerned because I don’t know how she would ‘tamper’ or work with them since we are way behind. I walked out with Daysha, Kiel, Crystal and Janice that evening after school. A very creepy man was harassing Janice on our way to Curepe. We spoke about that before departing our ways.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 3:25 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment