Friday, September 30, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 2) – Day #10

Date for Entry: (Friday 30 September 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 9 October 2022)

x

Dear Diary,

    When I got to school today, I signed the OJT log book and then headed down to the Music Room. I did not want to take in any negative argument if someone would have wanted to start one on me about my desk and chair in the staffroom. That day I remained in the staffroom and had my head explode with all the noise each day. Miss Roberts had a graduation ceremony to attend at her former school.

    I did not have 1L because of the religious education session. However, I did take in Miss Roberts’ Form Two Mitchell and they were taught the C Major and A minor lessons as the other two classes. I felt happy that “lesson improvisation” was a success. The same homework was done.

    Today was also the last working day of the month. I had to get my OJT timesheet signed and submitted. I had planned to leave at one in the evening after getting permission from Miss Patel to do so. When I entered the office, I met Dr Sookdeo and she took my timesheet form to sign.

    When she asked me about the information required, I told her where her name and signature had to go. The form was stamped immediately but she kept the form to photocopy. She said that she would wait for all of the others to submit their form for her to sign and then return the copies to us. The question came of who would be able to drive up to the Anva Plaza to submit the forms.

    When I got to the office for a second time, I found out that someone had already gone out of school to submit the forms. I got a copy of the timesheet and sent it to my folder when getting back to the Music Room. It was unattended when I left to go to the office out at the front.

    Unfortunately, that evening I had Form One Farrell and I was not ready for them after all the noise. I wanted to fall. I decided to review some of the previous work and correct the homework. The entire class was making noise and the Form Six John boy came out with a crazy and got the class to wilder by cussing when a Form One student challenged him.

    We had three minutes before bell went for eight periods. At that point, I told everyone to pack up their bags and go back to class. They remained serious and quiet for once. I had them sent out of the room and returned to Miss Robert’s chair and sat there for the entire remaining period sitting in the room alone. I truly needed that time to recompose myself.

    I sat back down in the staffroom and rested my head on the table. It took me another thirty minutes to finally rest to get up and walk out to the bus route. Before I could make the bend to walk up to the bus route, I was called out by a student across the street with their parent. This was the first time in the position a teacher had a conversation with a parent.

Link(s):

  • OJT Timesheet (Sep 2022).**


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:19am – 3:00pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment