Thursday, September 22, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 1) – Day #04

 Date for Entry: (Thursday 22 September 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 5 October 2022)

Dear Diary,

    Today the staff room was empty because of the TUTTA day. I went through the stuff that I had worked on with Miss Roberts too and she had approved it. I got some feedback on the lesson plans. I also emailed her the music for the St. George’s college song. She had to make prints of them for the ensemble’s rehearsal next week Monday.

    I did not have a class in the morning but I sat with Miss Roberts asking her about the National Anthem that I would have heard some of the younger children coming to practice all week during recess and lunchtime. She said that she was using a score that she found online.

    When I got to see a copy of the first page for the full score, I was very surprised and shocked. I recognised it immediately. I was right when I looked down at the title because I saw it was an adaptation done by me. I did not even remember I had done this since my certificate time at UWI in September 2015. So, it seems as if the band would not be learning two of my arrangements.

    That evening I had the first form one class to try the first lesson. It started well but then there was a murmur group of seven girls pooling their heads in a circle to talk about a lot. I wasn’t able to settle them and then after was a ‘happy group’ towards the end.

    I did not get to do pitches on the treble staff but we spoke on what is music, the uses and purposes of music, music theory, a strategy for remembering music theory, the staff and drawing the treble clef.

    I was told by Miss Roberts that as a teacher I had to get a class register and take attendance for the class done. I felt that as an OJT they might not want to give me one so I decided to take a blank sheet of paper and create a list for it. I have decided that I would work on making one for myself and also a roll sheet that I saw Miss Roberts using.

Link(s):

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:52am – 2:50pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment