Wednesday, September 28, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 2) – Day #08

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 28 September 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 8 October 2022)

Dear Diary,

    Today was the first time putting the class attendance form into action. Sadly, Miss Roberts could not make it to school today. It was sometime after nine in the morning we spoke over WhatsApp texting that she told me she was not well.

      Some moments after the chat was over, I realised that I had sent away her Form Two class for that time when she gave me the all-clear to go ahead and teach the new topic. I felt bad about that. At first, I did not want to just run into her class and do something and mess it up.

    I made sure that when Form 5 came I would be working with them. Miss Roberts told me to have them practice in the pan room and have their music recorded up to what they learned. I took the time to ‘spoon feed’ and rote teach two of the tenor pan solos. It was “Air” from some of DCFA’s steelpan tenor pan examination booklets. I did that piece and I also knew about the “Invention” piece by Mr Sharma was chosen by another girl.

    I spent more time with the two students doing the “Air” because that was one of my previous Performance Music pieces for the final jury. There was still a lot of work to be done with them and I hope that in future I would get to have a group session with training them on the piece. Not sure how well they stood with their music-reading ability. They were recorded at the end of the sessions and the videos were sent to Miss Roberts. 

    For the day after the Form Fives were finished with their class, I threw up everything from the Form One curriculum book onto the whiteboard and then wrote out the topics in the few lessons I had planned out. The curriculum stuff was used as a checklist to make sure that the lessons had some of the expectations/ requirements for the Form Ones to learn.

Link(s):

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:04am – 2:44pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment