Monday, September 26, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 2) – Day #06

Date for Entry: (Monday 26 September 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 8 October 2022)

Dear Diary,

    Today was day four and I only had a double period of music with 1L for periods seven and eight. It was my first time teaching them. This session was much different because I had to do the lesson in their home class. Miss Roberts had to use the music room with another large class.

    I had to go to the office to see who would have been my substitute supervisor for that class because an OJT is not allowed to go into any classroom to do teaching alone. I met Dr Sookdeo outside of her office and she knew I was coming to see who the supervisor would be.

    It was being organised but fortunately, another teacher was there to accept. Her name was Miss Sow and she said that she was the dean of the Form Threes and Fours. It was the first time we met each other on our way to the classroom.

    As we entered, Miss Sow introduced me to the students and took a seat after making them clean up the litter off the ground. I was a bit nervous because it was a new class but I gave the feeling up. I just spoke to the students like normal and wrote the work out on the whiteboard. The same presentation of the “Gymnopdie No. 1” score was used and the same homework exercises were given. There were a few minutes left for the class, and I packed up and returned to the staffroom.

    I had some worries about writing on the whiteboard. Standing close to the board I had the impression that my writing was straight. Only after taking a picture of the board, I saw what the students were given. It was good to know that everyone understood and we had a lot of fun drawing the treble clefs. 


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:30am – 6:13pm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment