Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sheetmusic Acquaintances

Date for Entry: (Saturday 12th September, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 7th July, 2021)


Dear Diary,

    Tonight, I got back from Tunapuna after a long day of practising my three pieces of music for Mr. Sharma on Tuesday. I decided to take the lovely booklet I bought from Mrs. Neaves and write out a score for the National Anthem in the formation of a pan ensemble. Even though it was four pages and I was trying to save on paper I was still happy to actually have a score for the National Anthem that would be for a whole Steelband and the best part about it was I did it all by myself. I added it to the homework that I did.

    On top of this, I also wanted one of Hillview College’s Anthem but I had highly doubt that anyone would have had a score for Hillview’s Anthem so I was able to pull back from my Music SBA arrangement with parts of the school song and created a new score. It didn’t take long to do but I got to learn some new techniques on my Musescore software while doing this and even got the song of the Pan. The only sad part of it was that it didn’t have the effect that a real pan would give off but it’s still mine and I’m still so glad. 

(Update

There were several amendments made to both scores over the years. Both of the latest scores have not been used. 


Link(s):

  1. National Anthem of Trinidad & Tobago (Voice) - V4.
  2. Hillview's College Song (Steelpan).



Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment