Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Piano to Claim

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 23rd September, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 7th July, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today was a normal and good day at pan lessons with Mr. Sharma. There was this one time when we both were at the Piano in Practice Room IV and he asked me if I played another instrument besides pan. My response was yes with the Piano, but then I told him that I had to stop at a point in time. 

    He then told me that the Church was giving away their piano and if I spoke to Mr. Lackhan on time then he can give it to me. In my mind, this was like a huge dream come through because all my life I liked the piano instrument and always wanted one. So here was my chance to get one.

    When class was over, he gave me a Grade Four pan examination to start working on some pieces. And I also gave him a copy of the National Anthem that I gave Ms. Neaves a while back. I could see that he liked the printout of it and then he asked me which program it was from. I told him it was from Musescore and then he went off to his office. I took my Pan and stand and everything I was using to the Pan Theatre to prepare myself for my next class which was with the Intermediate Steelband.    

    Today Mr. Nurse brought a new piece of music for us to start called “Oye Mi Canto,” which was something like a Jazz song I was hoping we could start. But I wasn’t expecting it to be so DIFFICULT. Oh, Lord! 

    The next part about the class I didn’t like was that at a certain point my toes cramped up like fire burning me. I couldn't even scream out or stand up straight. Even during the class' playing, I had to continue while the pain pinches so much I have to keep going.


Link(s)

  1. "Oye Mi Canto" (Tenor Score).


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment