Monday, September 7, 2015

First Preparatory Academic Writing (FDMU) Class

Date for Entry: (Monday 7th September, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 6th July, 2021)


Dear Diary,

    Today was my first Preparatory Academic Writing Class in D.C.F.A. I came a little early before the rain started to fall for the second time in the morning. My class was to start at twelve and end at three. But I was asking God to let the teacher be someone who would be kind to me and also be a very good and helpful teacher. Apparently, he answered my prayers. I was also wondering how those people are going to vote in the polling stations with all of this lovely thunder and lightning threatening those below from the sky.

    During the class, it was looking like a normal English class like in Hillview only that it was long and difficult a bot. So, this was another of my wishes granted, to do English at UWI. But I had no idea of what the class was going to be like except for thinking about writing a special way for music. I learned a lot in this lass about Formal and Informal Language so now it was a start in helping me with my writings for private fun.

    At the end of class, I asked the teacher, Ms. Claudette Jesshop, if a paragraph she had given the class to write was correct because it looked like a hard topic and I wasn’t sure how to write in Formal Language. She told me that it was not academic writing I did. She said that what I wrote was more poetic and very good in that form. This was what I wrote:

    While I drove up Mohammed Street with Dad in the car, the cable wire on the lamp pole had fallen. So, I got out and walked up the hill while he went to come back. Andrew stayed in Tunapuna for the night and all of us woke up to see the voting results. Today in class we got a spelling test and I got six out of ten. Some of the words were hard to spell. I also learned an important piece of information that I did not know of even from Primary School but I knew there was a difference between the two:


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment