Wednesday, September 11, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #78) – Day #358

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 11 September 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 15 September 2024)

[T1, W:02 – WD:08, (Td:6)*].

Dear Diary,

    For both Daddy and I, we had a late sleep, late waking, and late get up. He had to knock on my window a second time. My four eyelids were swollen again. Thought I would have gotten to the staff room way late. Not many teachers were there still. A lot of people were watching me with my umbrella in my hand walking down 6th Avenue. I was greeted by “Mr. Haynes” again as we walked down to a school.

    I got my entry for yesterday completed first before eating. Miss Gittens told me her hair was tied back up when I mentioned how it matched mine. She went with Miss Greenaway to take roll. There was confusion about religious instruction for today, but Mr. Pierre said that it would begin on Friday. A few of the instructors had to leave after coming out of school.

    Shiva was trying to make conversation with me. He saw me writing in the logbook and wondered what was inside of it. It was a while since Miss Roberts came back to school. The School Supervisor 3, Dr. Lubian-Batiste, was here in our staff room. It was good to see her again. It reminded me of Mr. Persad and the teacher's leave form.

    There was a long wait for 3rd period to come. I was remembering the 1-8 challenges that “Jess” was doing with the children. We had a class with 2F after. It was very nice to see “Ravin” again as he greeted me and “Pablo” too. 2L and 2M had no teachers with them. We went through the test paper for questions 1-2 before “Jess” went on to the numbers challenge to break. There were 7 minutes before recess.

    Donna said that she found I was not talking as much again. Somehow the holiday nightmare was written on my facial expression. Jess and Roberts were speaking about the school song and the Panama dance competition. They were talking about sitting in with the form 6 students when they come to school when she would be absent from the country. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I hope that God bless “Jess “with ideas as to how to carry on class with them. Mrs Libert was given a picture of the notice for the spraying tomorrow.

    During the recess, Mr. Charles announced that the Clerk of Works responsible for air conditioning was there. I couldn't sit there to listen to “Jess” and the others with their big noise. I went up to the library instead and sorted out all the WI and NF books that were within the 900s. There were a lot of books in the 970s. Two large tables were used up to do the sorting and 1 circular table. At some point too a form 6 couple was helping me. They abandoned me at some point and one girl came to help at the end.

    At 1.03 pm I finally sat back down in the office behind my desk. I heard the sound of a different woman's voice as I was writing in my journal. I knew she was not a ministry worker with the SS3. As she spoke again it was Miss Paul that I recognized. I helped her carry her cabinet belongings to her car while Riley and “Mr. Danclare” were assisted. The two of us spoke a while before she left the compound. It was strange how I thought of her in the car this morning with Daddy carrying me to Curepe and she came to school today.

    Everyone in the staffroom was told that Friday would be no school for the mosquitoes spraying. Class for the Form 4 students began in the hall. The students were given an exercise to write an introduction about themselves for their SBA and were given another exercise to start planning questions for their interview with either the composer or the other assignment.

    After that, notes were given for elements of music and genres were cut off at the end of class. (See logbook for the note-taking.) The students had to type up their introduction and then were asked to work on more questions for their performance analysis or analysis of a live concert. No one at all was planning to do the eight advertisements.

    I went back upstairs to the library to get a picture of the 900s that I had sorted today. Thankfully Miss Alexander was still there and she allowed me to take a picture. As Miss was about to leave she said to come with her for a ride in Mr. Raymond's car. On the highway, a heavy shower of rain came down on us. It caused us to get stuck in traffic behind UWI. They were heading in my direction.

    Daddy had to come up afterwards because I had forgotten my keys in the house. I took an hour to myself on the couch and got up at 5 p.m. until 8 in the night to work on “Right By My Side” and thank God it was completed. Even better news was that the other arrangement “Another Day in Paradise” strumming pattern for the verse was done over. And the chorus was taken. This song too finished within 45 minutes by a nice copy and paste. I was so glad to get both songs accomplished. Plenty of nights of work were put in and over 5 days were taken to work on them.

    The “Another Day in Paradise” arrangement was not so hot for me, it would be workable for the instructor and the performer. I got levels of games completed before bed. Whisper is making me start to feel like the previous times when I wanted to delete it and move away. I might just end up leaving it again for a fifth time. Not sure what the app Discord is like.

    I saw Jasmine message me a reminder to check out the worksheet-making website. I told her last night, the previous night, but it was the zeal to get both steel pan arrangements done tonight was the feeling. Hopefully tomorrow night I will take up the opportunity to check out the worksheet website. She had also asked me to work on two of the other folk songs for steelpan that the Form 2 students had reviewed last academic year. I hope that maybe at the weekend I will be able to get one of them completed or started on for the most.

 

LINK(S):


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:46 am – 3:30 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment