Friday, September 6, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #77) – Day #355

Date for Entry: (Friday 06 September 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 08 September 2024)

[T1, W:01 – WD:05, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to Georgia's late this morning. Not many teachers were around in this staff room too. I got to eat first and then handed over the students' forms to Ms. Rivas instead. She said that she would use the form for next week. When I asked why, she also mentioned that the school does not keep a record of students' numbers. She said that she would white out the dates and fix them for next week. I then went on to fill my resumption form out.

    “Jess” said that we would have to go and check the forms next to them. We took a spin by the cafe first. She spent time chatting with Mrs. Santana. MMT meeting was going on with a different SS3. This was a lady. It seems as though Mr. Persard was not coming this morning. The timetable was also going to be worked on again. No students were in the Form 6 classes too.

    While heading back to the staffroom, I saw that Mr. Ustache was trying to set up the office area. I would have stayed with him and helped him, but I knew that I would have had to go back and help with the art room. The art room was not as stuffed as the office. I know Janice and Amira were making the office seem like a nightmare, but the art room seemed to be a higher priority than the office since the art room had more work to be done.

    Ms. Gittens came and left her unfinished painting on her desk. I told her I would go to check on her as soon as I was finished with my entries for the morning. The Form Five art students were there helping out Ms. I kept an alarm on my phone for 9.40 when they would all have to leave for their third-period classes. Miss told me that her uncle was the one to build the fences out in the garden. I ended up making a video that she needed to show to him.

    Mrs. Santana got a copy of the leave form from me during recess time. I had to remind her that she could not use the form because it was not Ministry-approved. It was then that I shared with her my hope that it would be approved by the Ministry. When she opened the file to put the form inside, I saw that the book that I gave her, which was a copy of the St. George's College Song booklet, became detached from the spiral home. I offered her to take it home and fix it and she seemed to agree.

    While sitting back at my desk, she was giving a nice rhyme to Donna. I couldn't make out the words, but we all got a nice laugh from it. At the start of the fifth period, or more so before the fifth period, a tutor meeting was called by Mr. Marlon and Dr. Jogi. It was a fusion meeting between TUTTA Reps first and then the staff meeting.

    When Mr. Charles came in, this meeting dealt with issues on the compound for the tutor segment and then agreement on students for the lower sixth coming into the school in the second segment. This meeting concluded during lunchtime. All of the fifth and sixth period was used for both meetings.

 

    The meeting ended and I ended up falling asleep on the top of my table. I didn't see “Jess” as yet and she had left also, maybe for her class. The sky had a lot of dark clouds on the left side of the school. I had hoped that it would not break down any rain while walking up the street. Thankfully, the first week had a good fit in the remaining pages of this journal, book number three. I learned that it was Donna's birthday today. Maybe it explained the reason why she was dressed in that particular dress and she had asked me earlier how her dress looked. It was a very beautiful floral patterned dress, but I found it to be a bit too short.

    I couldn't wait for school to end any longer. I felt better to go back home and do some music writing. Surprisingly enough, the zeal had come in me that evening to do music writing. As I almost made it to the bus stop, “Choo Choo” called me out. We had a lovely chat sitting on the bus.

    I got home late again for the fourth time after leaving school so early this week. I ended up gaming and then went to do music writing, which concluded at 11:30 from 8 PM. The full song for “Right By My Side” was transcribed. Tomorrow, the chords will have to be determined and inserted. I went to read Love Island.

    Tonight, Emel and Oakley were both eliminated from the game and soon after, Max and Sienna too. Both dumpings were done by public voting. Not many people were on Whisper again. I wonder if the Whisper app will decrease in traffic as it is depreciating this way for 2025. Only repeaters and prostitutes are there. A few comments from ‘sugar parents’ are there. Not many of the nice people are around on Whisper again. Sad to see. This journal entry makes the end of Daily Log Book #3.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:59 am – 2:51 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment