Friday, March 1, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #60) – Day #273

Date for Entry: (Friday 01 March 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 28 April 2024)

[T2, W:09 – WD:39, (Td:2)*].

Dear Diary,

    I came to school in a maxi with a semi-angry driver. I thanked him while paying and he seemed to cheer up when I said thanks. The arrival was late and I got to the office in a rush. “Jess” gave me a call about the test paper. Kiel brought the attendance book for me to sign and said that they are checking the book for attendance from now. I signed got to pack up and went out of the office at 2 am. “Jess” was sitting by the teacher's desk. She told me that the students were still in religious instruction.

    They were given the test to do in 15 minutes and they were given the rest of the questions to do for homework. That was the end of the double period. I don't like when religious instructions take up the teaching time.

    We had 1L afterwards. They had to draw out a tenner pan in their notebooks in their music room and she made them line up and finally, we got there. The rest of the class was rolling with pencils and then the full C major scale on the tenner pan. Some students by force had to play on the same scale on either double tenner or double second spans when the tenner pans were not available.

    I finally had breakfast at recess and took some time to myself. Seems as if “Jess” was there before a while. She sent me back to get her papers to correct them. This took the full double period until she decided to play national songs again. I sat with “Max” and “Cody” in 2F while they corrected their papers. I tried to write the corrections for errors on the paper while I did my journal entries in my journal book.

    A lot of the students and teachers in Block K were eating KFC today. It smelled of the room nicely. I hope to get work on my book done too. I was able to finish the rhythmic composition section. The tablature section was giving me too much trouble and more paragraphs were needed to complete this session. More research will also have to be done on the same topic.

    I drank out the remainder of the water that Mrs Ramsingh brought for me. She met me earlier in the corridor this morning on my way to 2M and gave me a 660 ml bottle and said that she had taken my bottle of water because her throat was very dry so she had bought me another one. I waited a while in the staff room until I went to pack up.

    Miss Harris was using my table until she left. The copies for “GG” were taken now and the machine was doing one sheet at a time because of low internet. I left my copies there and in case it printed well it would have been there. I went to the line with “GG” and Miss Gittens in the staff room. We had to wait for Miss Harris to ride out with Mr Raymond again.

    We took a long ride to Chagonas that evening and then back up to Tunapuna. It was a nice ride that Friday evening. It was not expected to happen out of the blue. I was surprised to see that Diamond Vale was somewhere down in the south or maybe close to the central just before heading up to see Warren Vale. I can't remember the road to go to Kelly Presbyterian. I got a ride up to Tunapuna and that did not get much done again for the rest of the night.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:10 am – 5:14 pm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment