Wednesday, March 6, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #61) – Day #276

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 06 March 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 28 April 2024)

[T2, W:10 – WD:42, (Td:5)*].


Dear Diary,

    I came to Valsayn with a new driver and had a long wait across the road. Teachers filled up the office to either sign or wait for last-minute copies for exams on the same day. They would now have to collate all those papers that they printed and carry them to the exam to staple. I saw Jess message me to meet her in class so I went by the staff room first but no one was there and I went to check in the music room.

    Only the two Lower 6 students were practising. No Form 4 students were around. As soon as I was about to go back to block K to do work, Jess met me in the corridor. She told me that today was day 4 when I thought it was day 5. She also told me that they moved from the L classroom to the 4L classroom. This room was a much bigger room than what they originally had.

    I visited Miss Gittens before heading over to block K to give her some documents. She didn't seem too well and the room was hot. There was still no sign of Miss Roberts and Janice for the morning. I got started working on questions for the dotted notes. After recess, the staff meeting was about to start. I thought I was running late but thankfully it did not start as yet.

    Only five minutes after eleven the meeting officially began with a word of prayer. The meeting was very informative. A lot of notes were taken. End of meeting. I went back to the staff room in block K. The washroom was leaking as always. “Jess” told me to hold on with 2M when she got back to the school from the district office. I had to wait because two boys got an emergency escape door broken and then the entire lower school was called out to the lobby for a talk.

    “Mr. Marlon” had to load up all the Form 1s, 2s and 3s. Everyone got back into their classrooms at 1.50 pm and I saw Jess waiting outside the door by 2M. The study topic for this class with 2M was the contour of notes and then they were given a music game where they had to compose a melody and a beat. The melody had to show either a mixture of conjunct and disjunct motion. It seemed very interesting. She gave them the link to a platform called Google Chrome Lab.

    I still felt that Dr. Blandin didn't want to give me back my chair. I stood by my desk at the end of school and felt the emptiness. I wondered when a chair would be placed back for me to sit. I sat working on my entry while sitting with “Maria”, “Choo-Choo” and “GG” in Block C.

    “GG” was taking up exam schedules for Form 5s and Form 6s. Tutu wasn't feeling so well. She was sitting and waiting for Ms. Patel, her husband, to pick them up. Her hair was beautiful. We ended up missing “Jan” again and hoped that she was alright. I had class with “Ash” this afternoon and the homework took the full two hours. We'll have to ask for another session to get major skills done with him. I hope to finish the transcription of “God of Vengeance” in the staff room with my headphones. I also hope that I'll be able to find a strumming pattern for it.

LINK(S):

  • Sicilienne. 




Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:36 am – 4:59 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment