Tuesday, January 19, 2016

General Musicianship 2 & Musicology (First Classes)

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 19th January, 2016)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 11th September, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today was my first class of General Musicianship 2 with Mrs. Neaves. It was really nice to have this class again but then I heard a girl wasn’t coming back again and that one of my friends from the previous semester wasn’t coming back either. I didn’t have my booklet with me today and thankfully Monique was sitting next to me as usual. We did a lot of work from the book but I still knew all that we did already. 

    One of the things that Miss talked about today was when you have accomplished something about your friends that they should support you and not rub it in, “Instead of wasting your time, not liming, friends should support you. And if they don’t, just smile and say thank you.” Well, that was a book one for my book. I’ll listen to this one. Another one she said was, “An exam does not only have preparation but skills too. It is to test what you have learned over some time.” I may have mixed up some of the wording while trying to scribble them down on paper.

    Later that afternoon, I returned to the campus to attend my Musicology class. I realised that there was a lot of things from Music CXC that had come back to haunt me. Then the teacher Mrs. Nicholas played a piece of music. It touched me too much as I felt the music running up into my veins and crawling my blood. It was a really uncomfortable feeling but I didn’t know what to call it. On this day we went through some scary music and a few terms. She did not have the textbooks for us just yet.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment