Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Panorama Analysis Project (General Musicianship 2)

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 2nd February, 2016)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 12th September, 2021)

 Dear Diary,

    Today I handed up a panorama project that Mrs. Neaves wanted us to do for marks. I stayed up a little late last night preparing it as well as a booklet for Introduction to World Music from some information she gave us by e-mail. She also gave us a slip of paper to sign out the only name and student numbers but by the time she told us to fill in only our name and Student identification number, I and my friend Justin had already written out all the information asked for on the whole slip. So, she laughed and took back everyone's slips.

    During Mrs. Neaves’ class, I felt to scream out when she said that Dr. Remy wasn’t letting anyone use the percussion instruments for the performances. That was because a student went and broke one of the sticks for the instruments. 

    Later for Musicology, I was excited because I was going to get my booklet for the course. I also got back my flash drive I gave Mrs. Nicholas to download some of the music recordings for the studies in the course. She played back the same piece of music again that touched me. I soon came to know that it was called “Kyrie” and it was from the medieval period sung by male monks in Acapella. We were given a short view of the neumes notation that they used at the time of music.

    This assignment was returned back on Tuesday 1st March 2016 on Mama's birthday together with papers from the First Assessment that I did not study for (see an entry entitled "Double Assessment Day"). I was glad that I got a total in this activity: 5 out of 5.


Link(s):

  1. Panorama Assignment.

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment