Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"Song of Lopinot" & Intermediate

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 3rd February, 2016)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 12th September, 2021)

 Dear Diary,

    Today after my Introduction to World Music class, I brought printouts of the music “Sabilulangan” for the group members that I finished last night. It was hard to create the introduction and the conclusion all at once. But I did it anyway. For the new girls, I photocopied some information from the pan book I compiled for the Youth Group, which unfortunately did not happen.

    I felt special to hold the full score I printed on the punched paper as those of my original music journal volumes on the left side I had saved a long while ago. Then I gave it to Quianna to show Dr. Remy when she went to ask her about the instruments for the performance.

    Before intermediate class could start, there was a jazz class going on past the hour. I sat down with four persons I knew from the Ensemble and then we sang the song we had to learn, which we all didn’t, a few times for fun. While I sang with them, I followed it in my score by the time and onto the visual tenor pan in my mind.

    In the later parts of the class, we were all given a new piece of music done by Dr. Jit Samaroo. The introduction was VERY beautiful and then we got to the verse (or 'A' section), which had an interesting and challenging run that looked like fun for me alone, apparently. 

 

Link(s):

  1. Music theory handouts - [NOT IN ARCHIVES]
  2. "Song of Lopinot" (Tenor). (Permission for sharing was not granted.)

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment