Sunday, December 11, 2022

Aramalaya’s Christmas Play (2022)

Date for Entry: (Sunday 11th December 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 24th December 2022)

Dear Diary,

    This morning I had an early start to get to church. We had to be there for 7:15 and the rest of the steelband members were there practising. I felt a bit ashamed because they were practising and making mistakes in front of everyone.

    I had no idea that the service would have started faster than I thought. The time went by really quickly. Mr. Sharma was not there for the entire service so I had to count in the band on both occasions for the procession and for “Away in a Manger” during the play. The “Away in A Manger” was one of my arrangements. The procession was a medley of “Little Drummer Boy” and “Oh Come Emmanuel” that Mr. Sharma did.

    I was grateful that the service went out very well. It concluded in a short space of time. My favourite part of the play was the short video they played describing Adam and Eve in the garden. We had another practice right after the service when I met Miss Linda. There was an evening function early next year that the church wanted us to play for. The song of choice for that particular function is “The Prayer” which was arranged by Zara.

Link(s):

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment