Monday, January 22, 2018

Western Music History 2 - (MUSC 1212)

 Date for Entry: (Monday 22nd January 2018)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 24th January 2022)

Dear Diary,

    Below are the contents of any homework, coursework, presentations and assessments done for the Western Music History 2 course at the Department of Creative and Festival Arts (DCFA).

 

ASSESSMENT 1.

** Thursday 1st March 2018 **

This was a written theory and listening exam. Mrs. Ramlal did the playing aspect first and then left us to finish the rest of the history questions. This paper was returned on the 5th of March 2018on the day of the post for the Destinations Known Challenge by the School of Composition. It was conducted on the 1st of March, which was mama’s birthday.

Link(s):

 

RESEARCH PAPER.

** Monday 26th of March 2018 **

On this day, my research paper was submitted. It was a paper in that I did not feel confident. At first, the information was scarce until I got to the internet. I took my search to UWI library first to see what the music book section there was like. It was too depressing. Even the lighting in the place was not good. Coming closer to the due date, I still did not have a topic to write on. At the last minute, I decided to pick Salieri as my topic and see what his music journey was like.

Link(s):

 

PRESENTATION.

* Date Unknown/Forgotten *

This presentation was a practical one. Each student was given the choice to work individually or in a group. We also had the choice to select our piece of music. The performance I did was “Concerto Grosso in G minor” and I was accompanied on the piano by Andrew Samlal. This piece was also done again for my individual steelpan jury. I was very nervous about the speaking part of the presentation. I chose to speak about some parts of the music type concerto and linked it to the era it belonged to.

Link(s):

  • “Concerto Grosso in G minor” – Piano and Pan (Score).

 

ASSESSMENT #2.

* Date Unknown/Forgotten *

This was another exam as Assessment one. I am glad that both in-class assessments this semester did not carry an essay type question and that the results were better than the last term.

Link(s):

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment