Monday, November 27, 2017

Indian Classical Ensemble - (Recital)

 Date for Entry: (Monday 27th November 2017)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 19th January 2022)

Dear Diary,

    This afternoon after my Western History I met with Mrs. Neaves when she came into class and then we had a little chat. I asked her permission be to be excused from class because today I would have to be with the Indian Classical group assisting in moving instruments with other students for our recital. We were also going to be marked based on our performance as well. I also went into Practice room 12 to change my clothes in the dark. Going into the bathroom would have been too nasty to do.

    For the concert, I had to play the same songs with Eshay and Brandon on the Steelpan which were “Raag Sohini,” “Ek Ajnabi” and “Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhana.” We did not get to do a run-through on the songs before the function but I was really busy making sure that Brandon had his music in order. I was also assisting the pianist who I knew by a face from Certificate but I got to make friends a bit. His music was missing something so I took my folder where I scored out all the music and went through parts of the song to help him figure it out.

    During the concert, we did not play all the songs together. Different songs were being performed in between. For the songs, I could hear parts where the sound was too soft for the pans but I was not sure if they were playing, I was trying to focus more of the music so that I did not get lost in the song and couldn’t find back where we reached in the music. It was only at the end that Brandon told me he skated through everything and then there were some parts where I saw Eshay stop too but I was able to help her some parts of the way to come back in.

    I carried a lot of things back and forward from the Pan Theatre. At the end of this, they got us Pizza Hut and I took a slice after some of the members took photographs in our Indian clothing. It was really fun and I also got to meet some of the drama students. I went over and asked them for their advice on playwriting and their suggestions were really helpful. Wearing the clothes today felt really nice.


Link(s):

  1. Raag Sohini.
  2. Ek Ajnabi.
  3. Mehendi Laga.
  4. Pictures from the Recital.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment