Thursday, December 31, 2015

Old Years' Service (2015) Aramalaya

 Date for Entry: (Thursday 31st December, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Friday 10th September, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Tonight, I dressed up in my long white shirt and yellow and black striped tie I got from Dulip Singh’s and my black vest coat to go to Church. Mr. Sharma came to pick me up and Andrew helped me carry my things down onto the platform. When we got there the Church was empty at that time. I was a bit nervous but felt alright. We took a warm-up and also played a few songs together. I was on my Tenor pan and Mr. Sharma was on the church’s piano. We played all of my Grade 3 pieces.

    Then for the Introit,, Mr. Sharma and his daughter Aria had a trio when we played “Ave Maria” together. It was good and better than I taught than we practised at their home in Dinsley. I really like his Music room. It was nice and had a beautiful piano. He played his Tenor Pan and I was on my one while Aria played the Double Seconds.

    We had a sermon by Reverend Anthony Rampersad. This was the first time I met him, which was introduced to be my Mr Lachan. There was also communion done on the same night. I was very excited to participate. We had to walk up to collect the wine from the Gold trays they had. I was first in the church to take because I was the only one sitting upfront as usual.

    A short wait was done until it was the New Year. I had to walk back down some rows of chairs because they had to join their hands for a chain of prayer. I had to run back to my pan immediately because at the end of the prayer we had to play “Auld Lang Syne” right then. This time Mr. Sharma played from the Organ. Aria and I were on the same steelpans. 

    After that, I got a program from the back deck for this journal. It looked nicely done as I placed it into my plastic folder. I went back home to start my first sonnet of the year, which I’m planning to do one each day to break Shakespeare’s record. I hope this goes well.


Link(s):

  1.  Old Year's Service (2015) - Program.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment