Wednesday, December 2, 2015

General Musicianship 1 (Final)

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 2nd December, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 9th September, 2021)


Dear Diary,

    Today on my way to school I saw my friend Monique walking up to school so I asked dad to stop and give her a ride. Then as we both came out mom asked her if she knew about the English that we had to do for tomorrow. Monique and I walked slowly down the corridor and we talked about how it is supposed to be. She told me that if I was going to do the Performing Arts, then I should write it in a way that it is explaining the whole thing as if the reader is someone who’s not familiar with the music before.

    Although I knew all of this already, she gave me some big inspiration and a new point of view to look at it in my mind as I listened to her speak. The two of us stood outside for some time because when she had finished talking about English, I decided to help her out in return for the exam in a while. She didn’t understand the differences between some of the minor scales and why they stayed on the SOLFEG note “la”.

    I told her that it starts on “la” and ends on “la” because it’s the same as calling out the letter names of the scale-like from A to A. The next thing I told her about it was that it starts on “la” because in C Major you would have to count a 6th up the scale to get the relative minor. That is why it starts on “la” since it is the 6th SOLFEG note.

 

    After this, we went inside and I helped her out a bit with two other scales of page 17 from our workbook but we didn’t bother with the Chromatic Scale part.


    Mr. Murray came in and asked us to leave the room and to put our bags in the percussion room, while the invigilators prepared for the exam. I wanted to carry in my water but they didn’t allow it. One of my friends was sent back because he didn’t have his Student’s ID card to enter the room. They were a bit strict with the Exam. I find that today was a day of 7’s in it. The 7 was smudged and another thing with 7 happened.

    The theory part was good but I find that the last question forced a lot of thinking because it required a lot of ledger lines and counting, which was so difficult but I just took my time and did it as best as I could. The worst part of that particular question was that I didn’t have my ruler in my pencil case but I did it neatly enough with another pencil together. 

    At the end of the exam, I spoke with other friends about the exam went until dad came for me. I took out a blank sheet of paper and began to formulate my essay plan for tomorrow’s English exam. 

 

Link(s):

  1. General Musicianship 1 - Candidate's Receipt.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment