Wednesday, December 6, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #51) – Day #232

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 06 December 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (December 2023)

[T1, W:14 – D:64, (Td:2)*].

**pic of portal

Dear Diary,

    Plenty of heavy rain came down this morning. As soon as I got up late, I saw a message from the principal saying that I could do the data entry for the marks on the School’s online platform once I was willing to do it. I typed back to Miss immediately for her to let them know that I would be willing to enter the children’s music marks.

    It took some time to get to Curepe and run through the rain although Daddy and I had umbrellas. The maxi driver had filled up the air-condition with cigarettes. Had to shake out my umbrella well before entering the maxi. Didn’t want it to wet up the floor too much. As soon as I got into the office, I saw Miss Patel finishing a conversation with Dr Blandin and right then she said that she got the approval for me to enter the marks.

    She went back in and I went to sign. Nice surprise to see Miss Sawh was using my desk to mark her lab books. Miss Patel met me by the desk and said that she was going to give me Miss Paul’s information but felt back to do so. The information was sent to Miss Gittens first. I thanked her for the assistance over the evening and the morning.

    I got some prints of my mark book for 1F but it did not come out so well. I turned back on the laptop and then I got it converted into a PDF. I gave Miss Mohammed the flash drive to print the document. I thought that it would have been legal-sized paper but it was letter-sized. I also had to ask Miss Ali to plug in the school’s internet password if I was going to take the day to insert marks. I went to Miss to get the information and then went back to the office to get bags.

    I was moving into the staffroom for the day. I met Donna and “Jan” by the table in the back. Donna was marking her Spanish Literature and Janessa was entering marks. I told them that it was my first time entering marks on my own and to wish me luck. I got the link to the St George’s platform. I was asked for the user name and then they had asked me to enter a new password. That was what Miss Patel had informed me at the front desk. She was in the kitchen area and I told her that I got through with the login and that I was ready to go.

    After entering marks for the first class, I got a nice surprise call from Miss Paul at 11:02 AM. She asked me to meet her in the office. She called me for a nice chat while she came to wait to see the principal. I learned that tomorrow will be her 60th birthday. She said that the day before your 60th birthday would be the last day of employment. I notified her about my being permitted to use her username and password for the upload of the children’s marks into the school’s online platform.

    We met back a second time before she walked off to her car. She gave me some good advice with the comments and it was helpful for the remainder of the day. There was an invitation she said she would have invited me to a little party that she was having but I told her that transport was the issue. As she turned to walk to her car, I turned back to get to the staffroom. 

    I rejoined Donna and “Jan” at the desk in the back but "Jan" had a doctor['s appointment to leave us. We were joined by Miss Harris for some time. She did compliment me as a "pioneer" when she saw the stuff I had to upload the marks into the online portal. The conversations picked up while I entered. Seemed as though Donna got into the talking and forgot to do her marking at the same time, lol.

    Before I knew it, the time was 3:34 PM. Long after school hours were completed. I called Daddy immediately to let him know that I was coming up to Curepe later than expected. I had to do it before I forgot. As day changed into night, I got all the marks, letters and comments in for my six classes. Sat with “Maria” and Nicole in the staffroom alone.

    Waverley left ‘early’ around 4:30 PM. I helped “Maria” with formulae and interesting numbers in her mark book. We left school in the dark of the night. This was the latest that the three of us ever stayed back in school. “Miss Gloria” had a nice dress on other than the uniform. 

    Rain began to fall as I exited the car. Daddy and I went to do some shopping at Persad’s Supermarket and then went home. I got to show Andrew and Dad how the platform worked and had my fixes in the numbers before calling it a night.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(10:38 am – 6:54 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment