Monday, December 4, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #51) – Day #230

Date for Entry: (Monday 04 December 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (December 2023)

[T1, W:14 – D:61, (Td:6)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to Valsayn with one Georgian today. I took some papers to grade. I finished one class in the Block K staffroom. My special red pen finished on me when I finished my fourth class. I had to use a spare. A girl from 1M came to meet me at lunchtime to do her assessment. I did not even realise that the time had gone by so far. I learned that some students had leaked a final exam. Not sure how that could have happened. A lot of commotion built over the issue over the period.

    I packed up my papers in my green cloth bag and proceeded to direct the girls to the office. “Mr Marlon” gave me a nice joke before I left. They got a chair while I was getting the assessment slips and my book stand. During their assessment, I began to see more Form 1 students coming down the corridor with their manuscript books and their recorders.

    There were some Form 2s in the mix. Many of them did not show up as suspected. I had a lot of slips used up by the end of the day. One of the player boys’ mother had asked me for a copy of the music to the national anthem on the pan. I had to run back to the office to get the paper. I wrote out my email address and gave it to her. This was later into the seventh period of the day.

    Sometime during the eighth period, another parent was looking at the assessment. She seemed excited and came closer. She wanted to know if the student could play “Mary Had a Little Lamb” for her but I had to let her know that it was a test going on.

    The rest of the evening went by. Riley came and asked if he could do the practical assessment tomorrow. I had messages sent to the call about the final day being today. Not sure if I could hold off until tomorrow. Only time will tell what happens tomorrow.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:58 am – 3:48 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment