Thursday, March 10, 2016

My Birthday (2016)

Date for Entry: (Thursday 10th March, 2016)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 15th September, 2021)

 Dear Diary,

    Today is my birthday and this entry is a bit tied to the previous entry because I woke up past three in the morning trying to re-write the music for the National Anthem in voices for Soprano, Mezzo-soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass for class. I said in my mind that even if we didn’t get to sing it for the concert in April, then they would have it for when they have to sing it in class.

    Then on the WhatsApp Group chat from Class “We are Artist” Chekiyah sent a selfie picture she took with me in the group. I can’t believe I was spelling her name wrong this whole time but I kinda learned it now. The picture came out a bit different but it was nicely decorated. 

    After printing out the full score for the National Anthem and e-mailing it to Mrs. Neaves with a Midi file, Milano messaged me on Facebook Messenger and said he really liked the card. It was there that he also found out that it was my birthday as well. 

    Class with Mr. Sharma was not good at all. The piece I was doing had too many triplets and it was challenging. It was a Grade 3 piece entitled "Air" by Samuel Wesley (1766-1837).

 

Link(s):

  1. National Anthem of Trinidad & Tobago (Voice) Amendment.
  2. Photograph.
  3. Copy of Air (Tenor Score).

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment