Sunday, March 13, 2016

Yesterday

Date for Entry: (Unknown/Forgotten)

[Sunday March 2016]

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 15th September, 2021)

 Dear Diary,

    Today I got back home and before 1 o'clock, I sat down at the computer and wrote out the sheet music for the song “Yesterday” music in a Full Score. I got it for the five voices that were to produce the sound of a pan. Usually, I use to write these pieces of music in voice but now I changed my mind and use the pan because it gives such a beautiful song rather than listening to the proper voices and having to listen to the harmony clashing against each other like a bunch of ghosts. 

    I decided to write this because in the WhatsApp chat “We are artist” Nella was talking about the song “Yesterday” so I photocopied the song from a songbook I had a long time now ago I made one for her, myself and also for the Music Journal. I wanted to write something for it so I just sat down and did the same thing like I did for the National Anthem but only for steelpan. 

    Surprisingly, the arrangement came out just fine. The introduction may have been a challenge but thankfully my mind was able to provide something to me.

 

Link(s):

  1. "Yesterday" Steelpan Arrangement.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment