Sunday, March 6, 2016

Syncopation in the Hymn

Date for Entry: (Sunday 6th March 2016)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 14th September, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today the church was packed with people and I was happy to carry my hymnary with me. From there I know that looking at the words and the music would be too much music to multi-task but it was a good way to do extra studying in church for my Musicology. Each tie the choir would sing and the organ would play I studied some of the pieces to see if I recognise anything from the vocabulary and listening we did in class.

    Teaching pan with the Sunday school today was a bit good. I got to show Mr. Sharma the part in a hymn that had syncopation. I was very surprised to see a hymn using syncopation for once. He told me it was an old song and “thanks for the help” afterwards. 

 




Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment