Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Performance Music 3 - Piano Individual

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 12th September 2018)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 10th March 2022)

Dear Diary,

    I was convinced by Mr. Sharma to do piano, which I did not really want to do. I knew from my past with piano that two hands working individually did not work out so well. He started me on book one of "Joining the Dots". I probably took six weeks with the book before he moved me onto book two. 

    I sat down with the book and by the time three hours were over, I was able to play out the whole thing. 


The Lonely Bear

* Wednesday 24th October 2018 *

    When Sir and I played out the pieces at the end of the book together as either solo or duet he gave me a piece from another book to work on. Seemed as if that would have been one of my final pieces. 

    This piece was "The Lonely Bear" and when I read the name it reminded me of myself being furry and lonely, but as there are several piano and pianissimo dynamics had a good fit for me and the song. I liked the piece very music. It was fun to learn and felt really good to get it out. 

Link(s):

  1. "The Lonely Bear". [Permission for sharing was not granted.]


Dance of the Pianists.
* Wednesday 17th October 2018 *

    This was the second piece that was given to me by Mr. Sharma. It would be my second jury piece. I'm glad that it was one page also. The only difficulty I had was doing measure sixteen into seventeen. I was also given a copy of "Cat Burglar" on request. I had heard a boy from class playing it in school and I wanted to play it too.

Link(s):

  1. "Dance of the Pianists". [Permission for sharing was not granted.]
  2. "Cat Burglar". [Permission for sharing was not granted.]

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment