Wednesday, June 12, 2013

NCSE Music Examination (Written)

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 12th June, 2013)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 14th June, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today I had the Visual and Performing Arts Examination for the NCSE exam. The students have the option to choose between either Art or Music. And of course, I choose Music. The multiple-choice questions were easy. Some who choose Art had it hard for them. One of my friends did not have it easy and we heard the teacher yelling in the back of the hall. 

     One of the questions I remember was asking “how to hole the pan sticks correctly.” Unfortunately, I didn’t know the right names of the fingers at that time. So, I had to give the names of the human fingers in numbers. In addition, they asked about categories of instruments. 

    One interesting new word I came across in the exam was membranophone. I tried to make up an answer for that one. So, I gave a wrong answer and said that it was to do with the Soprano voices. That made me throw away some good bit of marks. If there was a steelpan question then I would most likely be looking at the pans at the back right-hand side of the stage while crafting the response in my mind.


Link(s):

  1. National Certification of Secondary Education (NCSE) – 2013 Exam Timetable.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment