Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day (2013)

 Date for Entry: (Sunday 16th June, 2013)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 14th June, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today was Father’s Day in Trinidad and Tobago. I had to play with the Youth Group on the pan. Not many of us are in the pan group. Just about four to five people. WE had to go and play “Oh my Papa.” Then the Golden Years came up to play for the rest of the service. I wanted to play with them because I only needed to get the music. Their music sounded easy enough to sight-read on the spot.

    I was truly impressed because I didn’t know that they could read music like me too. And they were led by Zara for each of their presentations. Nice music filled the church. 

    At the end of the church service when I went to pack up my pan, I was looking into their music folders and there were only letters written in them. Then I realized that they didn’t know how to read music. But I didn’t blame them. I still appreciated their playing. 

    Later, Vijay and his son came up to Tunapuna to Visit Papa for a short period. They left just before Andrew and Dad came up to visit.


Link(s):

  1. Aramalaya Father’s Day Program
  2. "Oh My Papa" (Lead Sheet) Score

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment