Friday, May 10, 2013

Lupus Week (2013)

 Date for Entry: (Friday 10th May, 2013)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 13th June, 2021)


Dear Diary,

    Today was my sister's birthday and I wish she was here. By fortunately the Lord had given me some special advice I may not share with you who are reading this entry right now. It was also World Lupus Day in Woodford Square. Mom, Andrew and I struggled and strained to carry the pan all the way from Tunapuna to the Square without any transport. 

    We had to take a maxi from Tunapuna to City Gate and walk from there all up to Woodford Square. We also had to take turns carrying everything by hand too. Port-of-Spain had too many people to bounce into. Too many people watched me, mom and Andrew walking on the roads with the pan as if we had just stolen it. Poor Stanley! Finally, we reached and then we met the Lovely president of the Voice of Lupus Foundation. 

    Before the function was about to start, mom and I saw Andrew talking to some man looking far away while we went around to the different health stalls. I did my part well in the National Anthem. But the only thing was that they called me “Daryl Hosein-Ali” like mom’s name. It sounded strange because I know that I took most of my mom but that was different. 

    Travelling back from the square to City Gate was tough. We even had to rush for a bus but thank God he sent one in time. We had to wait long and Andrew was already starting to get angry. I was glad to get back home that night but I loved the Friday evening "stroll" through the capital.



Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment