Friday, September 17, 2010

Form 1 Talent Show (2010)

 Date for Entry: (Friday 17th September, 2010)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 9th June, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today during the last three periods of school, the Form 1 Students were sent to the School's Auditorium again. It was time for the Form 1 Annual Talent Show. This would be the first time that I am going to perform in front of a large crowd. The Hillview 'crowd'. Two elder students stood in front to announce who was to go up. Finally, my name was called either second or third.

    I made my way up on the stage from my classmates to the wonderful upright piano that had “Kemble London” written inside the opened flap of the keyboard area. They opened the piano flap to the top and placed a microphone inside while I played. I started to play “God Bless Our Nation” as part of the strategy.

    By the time I got near the second verse, I forgot it. I knew I did not know it so well so then I remembered Ms. Saunders telling us in class about improvisation. Keeping that in mind I decided to transform the piece into a medley and substituted the second verse with “Jesus Bits a Shine” and then concluded with the final/third verse of “God Bless Our Nation” to end.   

    When that was all done, I got up, took my notebook from the Piano and went back to my seat. As soon as I sat back down and rest my back, I felt that good sense of relief coming. I could still hear the students applauding me for that song. The nervousness had finally left me, thank God.

    Then the lady who showed me where the Form 1 classes were called me on the side to ask me for my parent’s number. This is the whole beginning of me in the Aramalaya Youth Group. To date, I'm not sure if it was by snatch as it felt that way. I gave her my dad’s number and went back to my seat after chatting with her.

    Suddenly, during the fifth performance after mine, the current went. The teachers opened the side doors and told us to go back to class. To me, it felt as if I was the only one to perform and that everyone had come out to see me alone, Lolz. I was hoping that there would have been another day where we could have gotten to hear the other students.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment