Friday, July 5, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #76) – Day #350

Date for Entry: (Friday 05 July 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T3, W:13 – WD:59, (Td:4)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning was the last day of school for the academic year. Since I left my book bag over in Block K yesterday evening, it felt weird coming to school with a heavy blue plastic bag in my hand. I ended up having to go home without my book bag because no one was in Block K yesterday to open at 5 PM.

    As soon as I got onto the compound, I got signed in and had my timesheet fixed up. The journal entries book was fixed first and then corresponded with the OJT logbook before that information was transferred into the timesheet. Afisha said that at 10 o'clock they wanted a picture of the OJTs for the school magazine. She also said that she had to stop and drop off her timesheet and would carry mine as well.

    I got breakfast done and out of the way in Block K. Dr Addison called me out on the corridor near the conference room to ask if I could do the entries. She wanted to get the document handed over to Mr Charles as he is now the new acting Vice Principal. I told her that I would have to go through my errands for the morning and once they were completed, I would come back to see her.

    The timesheet was signed out and handed over to Mrs Sawh for signing. There was a short wait in the lobby. I learned that Mrs Sawh was Acting Principal for the day as well. I sent it to the official's desk and Kiel took it to be copied a while after. Dr Allison and I were waiting for Mr Charles to come.

    After a very, very long while she left to have her breakfast in her car. Ms. Jones finally came to give her the leaf that was pending but she was not there to get it. I waited very long again and went back to the staff room. They did not have the picture taken while I was there. My tray was taken from the art room yesterday.

    I gave the appreciation card for Janessa that I had filled out. At first, she thought I had something bad to tell her or concerning but she appreciated it. I had to wait a long because of Donna and the students coming by the door. She sent me a picture of the card that I could now put in the minutes of the APC library.

    The time was now after recess and somewhere going into lunchtime. The teachers were waiting around and everyone was bored waiting to go home. We did not know if there was going to be a staff meeting or not. I knew that Mrs. Allen Brown had taken her bags and left early. While all of this was going on, I took time to make a to-do list and a list of our schedules to do the house cleaning.

    The brief meeting did happen. Dr. Jogi and I ended up using the washroom, went to get our books in the staff room and then we walked off to the library:

  • August 29th to officially start the term
  • Waste of resources for printing reports
  • Mr Charles new VP
  • Missing leave and absence is still after the meeting.

[End of meeting.]

 

    The meeting came to an end. “Gigi” was telling me that they were looking for something to individualize the leave and absence forms. She mentioned that I did what was wanted and that what I had was on point.

    I got my bags placed in Block C's staff room and went to see if Mr Charles was there and if he had gotten a copy of the attendance form for teachers' punctuality and regularity. Usually, I would have gotten a copy and given it to Ms. Stout as acting VP when she was there. I did the same for Dr. Allison and I wanted to do the same for Mr. Charles.

    Dr. Allison was in the office when I entered and we waited but someone said that he must have left the school for the evening. We were both shocked Dr. Allison now finally began to test my patience and I was tired after a very long term of enduring patience to give her. I told Dr. Allison that the term is over and we can probably leave it as it is. I told her goodbye and she left.

    Mrs Sawh and I spoke on our way exiting the Vice Principal's office. She seemed to have seen the Excel document created to assist with the tallying. I will have to see when Mr. Charles is ready to do the work. Dr. Allison was about to walk to her car when she stopped for a final conversation to ask about my holidays. I mentioned doing work. She said that I needed to have some fun and have time away from all the work. She said I need to learn to relax and not be in all kinds of work that I do. We had a light laugh about it in the corridor and walked our separate ways.

    It felt as if the term was finally over now. As I entered the Block C staff room, the teachers were having a party and eating with loud music. I was not feeling so good about it being around them so I took off my bags and left immediately.

    I had a while to wait for Daddy to come to Curepe. I didn't feel like eating anything after seeing what had happened. I hope that the end of the term will be successful for them. I also pray that a new term to come will have more good things to come and less disappointing things that this term has witnessed.

    However, I am looking forward to creating more steelpan music. I do have in mind to have another WhatsApp ‘concert’ as I did in the April vacation. Thankfully, there will be electricity in the house, and I hope that the house cleaning will go smoothly, as well as the King David camp that Mr Sharma wants me to assist as a teacher’s assistant. I hope everything goes well.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:51 am – : pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment