Tuesday, February 7, 2017

UWI Students Music Concert

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 7th February, 2017)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 16th November, 2021)

[Written as Update Report]

Dear Diary,

    On the 7th of February, the students of my Certificate class was working towards a concert for the ending of our programme. Anton had the idea and mentioned that there was no time where the entire class did a performance as a whole. Plans for the concert went on and he was the one that worked on the music and arrangements for the different groups such a steelpan, voice, brass etc. 

    I can recall that some things gave me scare in the music for the tenor pan parts during my assignments one and two in West Indiana collections when we had Dr. Remy's steelpan literature course. On this day I was given the "I Wish" arrangement. Up to now, I did not listen to what the original composition was from YouTube.

    On 3rd of February, 2017, some days before an email came with music for "Defying Gravity". Some other day I was emailed a final Programme or maybe a list of the intended order. It could have changed during the penultimate week of the semester when I had decided not to take part in the event. To this day I still feel guilty and mean for not going and joining the others. The same feeling occurred when Milano was asking me a particular question and I did not feel nice about the response I was given. I "lost" a lot at one point.


Link(s):

  1. I Wish (Tenor Score).
  2. Defying Gravity (Tenor Score).
  3. Final Concert Programme.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment